Saturday, April 19, 2008

Last Day in Japan

It is very late and I have to be up early to fly to Kuala Lumpur. This was my last day in Japan. I only had one meeting. It was with the Director of Green Eye the food traceability system of AEON supermarkets the largest retailer in Japan. He outlined all of the requirements that AEON requires its suppliers and producers to meet. This is a very detailed system. It amazes me how many levels of regulations there are regarding food safety and traceability in this country. I will try to write more about this later.

Tonight I went to dinner at a very good restaurant with my Program Coordinator, Noko and her husband Sunao. Noko got teary eyed when we said good bye at my hotel and I kind of did too. I have really enjoyed my time in Japan. I was extremely busy but I wouldn’t have had it any other way.

No comments: